Reese (reesericci) Armstrong’s garbage homepage on the interwebs that I should have spent more time on.
I make things on the interwebs that are apparently cool.
about the web and free software
I love the web. It’s one of the last truly free digital mediums like Email and Matrix that are not run by companies.
It allows me to express myself however I want, not limited by character restrictions, or specialized formatting rules. It’s my website, that I built from scratch, not some garbage hot take on Twitter or Facebook.
Free (as in freedom) software carries this torch beyond the browser, into your operating system, your word processor, everything on your computer.
what have i done?
Here’s the part where I toot my horn about the cool things I’ve done.
- shortie.sh - a very nerdy url shortener
- tools - a collection of online tools I’ve made
- irdy.no - a successful petition against the use of “I-Ready” in Austin ISD with over 160 signatures!
- news.reeseric.ci - my weekly newsletter where I write about whatever I did that week.
- Midtown Rulers - the digital presence for a Central Austin youth basketball program. No paper was ever used.
- Ladies Let’s Talk - the digital presence for a nonprofit helping Austin refugees to speak English.
- oclock - an ad-free version of time.is that uses the new Temporal API and only relies on the system clock.
- stoopid bot - a really stoopid discord bot.
- ticalc.wiki - a wiki for beginners looking to install games on TI calculators.
what am i working on?
Check my newsletter at news.reeseric.ci, or sign up here for weekly updates:
talk to me
I would love to talk to you too!